Monday, March 23, 2009

My First Time! (and Now it Might Soon Be Illegal)

On Friday, I got my very first Brazilian bikini wax. I've been wanting to do it for a long time but could never justify a reason to. Well, once I found my reason and an amazing deal courtesy of Lifebooker, I decided to go for it. For those of you who have never had one - be prepared to drop your pants and feel the pain. I'm not typically shy about my body when it comes to things like doctors and spas - they see naked people all the time- but something was different about this. You feel very vulnerable when you realize your laying butt-ass naked on the table at the mercy of a woman with a hot stick of wax.

At first it was painful and I yelled a few times. The woman kept reminding me to breathe and relax. By the end, the pain wasn't so bad but I was started to feel a bit of regret. The next morning, regret had subsided. Everything was pain-free and baby smooth. I could get used to this! With bikini season right around the corner (or so I hope) I have a feeling I might be tempted to make a few more stops to the waxer. When explaining to Cake how I popped my Brazilian bikini wax cherry, she mentioned to me she heard our great state of Jersey was thinking about banning brazilian waxing. Apparently, it already isn't allowed as the “The genital area is not part of the abdomen or legs as some might assume."

At risk of giving TMI, I originally wasn't going to post about this topic, but Cake was right. They are considering doing away with the whole two women in NJ reported having wax injuries. um, Yikes. Check out the full story on MSNBC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment