Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Favorite Hangover Preventer


The devil in me got the best of me yesterday. After I swore I would not go out for St. Patrick's Day, I found myself doing a little barhopping and stumbling home around 12:30. Knowing that I had to get up early this morning for work, I thought about what I could do to prevent a massive hangover. My new go-to recipe? Coconut water and Advil.

The "science" behind a hangover is essentially this: you're body is dehydrated and going through a mini-withdrawal of alcohol and sugar. Coconut water is not only delcious, but it's one of nature's best re-hydrators. It's full of potassium, good-for-you sugars, and electrolytes that replenish the body. Have you ever heard of drinking Gatorade to help a hangover? Well this has a similar effect without the altered sugars and processed chemicals. Although Newsweek claims hangovers can't be cured, I'm telling you- this stuff works. There's a few brands currently on the market and they range in flavors from regular to pineapple to mango.

Bonus: It kind of makes you feel like your on a beach in the tropics while drinking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment