Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Mad Hatter in Sea Bright, NJ

Although I was perfectly content laying in my bed in my pajamas last night watching re-runs of the Housewives of Orange County, Cake quickly persuaded me to come out with her to do a little fun "prowling."

(What is prowling? According to Urban Dictionary, prowling is "An activity whereby one goes out to bars and hot spots looking for "prey" aka playmates, dates, hook-ups, etc.
ie. Cake called Kiss on Saturday night and asked, "Hey, since we have no dates tonight, wanna go out prowling later?")

Instead of going to our regular spots, we decided to follow one of our new dating guidelines (more on that later) and explore outside of our town. Out of random, I picked The Mad Hatter in Sea Bright. I knew it was a sports-ish bar near the beach which in my mind sounded like "boys. maybe even surfing boys."


For the most part, I was wrong. The bar was a mix of drunk moms, hippie dads, a cowboy, and a select few boys that potentially could have been our age. And by select few I mean 5. And one of these 5 boys decided it would be fun to toss popcorn at us. Lame.

In the defense of the Mad Hatter - we were at a shore bar in the dead of winter and there was an Allman Brothers/Bruce Springsteen cover tribute band playing, but it's not likely we'll be back anytime soon. Not for prowling anyways.

I did get to try out my shooting skills playing the 'Safari Hunt' game and there were unlimited supplies of free popcorn. Even after scarfing our faces down with that, we ordered a bar pie at the end of the night. I'm a big fan of thin crust pizza and Mad Hatter's could be easily called a pizza cracker as opposed to pie. They claim it's the "Best Pizza in Monmouth County," but all of us quickly agreed there was way too much cheese and not enough sauce. We may have to re-visit again closer to the summer, but for now it's on to the next place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment