Wednesday, March 4, 2009

All the single ladies, all the single ladies - NY chooses best "pick up" spot


One of my favorite things that happens around this time of year is NY Magazine's annual "Best Of New York" list.  It's like the superlatives of the city as decided by some of the most popular kids in school. As soon as I caught a glimpse of it in Penn Station I ran over to take a peek. (Ok, so I didn't run but I checked it out while waiting for my train.) 

Among the categories of "Best Dance Party" (Sullivan Room), "Best Speakeasy" (B. East), and "Best Happy Hours," I came across the mag's pick for "Best Pickup Bar" - Wilfie & Nell on W. 4th Street. The mag says:

   "...shortly after opening in November, Wilfie & Nell was abuzz with gaggles of spicy-Margarita- swishing twentysomethings and older bohemians stooped over pints at the bar. The small,candlelit room is so permeated with Irish bonhomie that you can't help but strike up a conversation with the cutie seated next to you."

Hmm sounds a little bit like an adventure to me. Another place I'd love to try to catch a hottie? Their pick for 'Best Dog Run for the Singles Scene:" McCarren Park. Now I just have to get a dog...

-Kiss. 

1 comments:

Kiss and Cake said...

Kiss,

Let's go to Wilfie and Nell pronto.

Love,
Cake

Post a Comment