Monday, May 4, 2009

Would you pay $30 for this grilled cheese?

The other day I was having a really reflective moment. I started looking back on my life and realized there are a lot of things I said I wanted to do that I just haven't done. As much as Cake and my other friends and I attempt to do new and exciting things, it seems we always fall back on the same old routine. The summer will be here before we know it, so I started making a little list of things I want to accomplish by next fall (stay tuned for Kiss and Cake's bucket list).



Part of this list of fun things to do was the "Gossip Girl" walk in NYC. The idea is to hit up as many GG spots mentioned or seen on the show in a day. One of these stops would have to be Gilt Restaurant at the New York Palace Hotel where they serve the "Gossip Grill" a tasty looking grilled cheese sandwich made with fontina cheese, truffles, and wild arugula salad. It's modeled after the sandwich Serena was eating in one of the earlier episodes where she is hanging out with Chuck and gets all wasty and hungry. According to Chris Lee, Gilt's executive chef, Blake and Penn came to eat at Gilt one night and suggested they change the sandwich name to "Gossip Grill - You Know You Love it." The only problem is, this sandwich will set you back at least $30 (and can go up to $50 depending on a truffles). On the up side, the recipe for it can be found here.


I can't decide if I am willing to shell out $30 for grilled cheese. But I have a feeling it's that damn good, so it's staying on the list for now. What do you think -- is $30 a little ridiculous. I mean, it is a recession!

xoxo,
Kiss

1 comments:

Cake said...

Wanna make our own Gossip Grill?

Post a Comment