Saturday, May 2, 2009

I got my TOMS on but they look like sneakers..




I have to admit, I'm such a sucker for a really good charity and a really good marketing campaign, which is why I couldn't get my mind off of these TOMS. For those who don't know, TOMS Shoes is a company started by "American traveler, Blake Mycoskie, [who] befriended children in Argentina and found they had no shoes to protect their feet." His idea became to create a company based on the premise that with every shoe a customer bought, he would donate a pair to a child in need. Voila - TOM Shoes were born. (Blake has certainly made a name for himself - you might recognize him from the recent Verizon Wirless commercials).

But these shoes are not your standard sneaker-and-ties. They are simple in design but come in array of colors, designs, and textures. The line has recently expanded to included boots and vegan friendly styles.

Feeling fanciful, I sprung for the gold glittery-ish ones. I had seen them on a girl in NY and loved the look. My only fear was that the shoes would be uncomfortable walking long distances, but so far so good. If you're looking for something in between casual and dressy that's not a heel or sandal and is moderately priced, this is a safe bet.

-Kiss

0 comments:

Post a Comment