Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes - Recipe

If you've been keeping up with our blog, you probably know Cake and I love baking, making, cooking, and eating. For Mother's Day, my sister and I decided to make our Mom a surprise breakfast with a few of her favorite ingredients. My Mom is more of a pancake kind of girl than an egg omelet one, and she loves pecans, but pecan pancakes just didn't seem like enough - and that's where the pumpkin comes in. I searched for the ultimate quick pumpkin pecan recipe and fell a little short. Knowing I was pressed for time, I decided to create my own little variation using boxed pancake mix and Betty Crocker syrup. Although from scratch is more my style, these pancakes were easy, fast, fluffy & delicious. I didn't follow the measurements to a tee, but here's what I did:

Kiss's Easy-Peasy Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes

Ingredients:

For Pancakes:
1 cup of Fiber One brand pancake mix (or any ready-to-make pancake mix)
1 cup of Lite Vanilla Soymilk
About 1/4 cup pecan pieces (chopped or broken)
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup of canned pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla extract
A nice big sprinkle of cinnamon

For syrup:
1/2 cup - 1 cup of maple flavored syrup
1/4 cup pecan pieces

1. Stick your chopped or broken pecan pieces in an oven or toaster over for just a few moments to get a nice toasty, roasted taste.


2. In a saucepan, heat the maple syrup and pecans over low heat, stirring occasionally until warm.

3. Place a pan or griddle on stove and heat on medium. Spray the bottom of the pan with cooking spray (or I use a little bit of Earth Balance if I want them to be a little more buttery).

4. In a large bowl, mix all of the pancake ingredients together. Pour batter onto the griddle and heat until you start to see little bubbles in the mix.


Tip: Due to the soymilk and the pumpkin in these pancakes, they are a little more tricky when it comes to knowing when to flip. The pancakes are going to be more fluffy than firm so keep that in mind.

When ready to eat, pour syrup over and take a big bite!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm...these look delicious!

Post a Comment