Monday, April 27, 2009

Sugar Shack


This weekend made me crave summer. First, Kiss and I ran the Lake Como 5k in Belmar, NJ. Kiss finished about 10 minutes faster than I did, yet she won't divulge any of her running secrets! After the race, we hit the beach for about 10 minutes, only to cover every inch of our bodies because of the freezing cold wind. For lunch, we hit up Surf Taco where we definitely fit in with all the highschoolers. After napping, our night took a spontaneous turn when Kiss forgot her ID at home and we ended up at the Sugar Shack.

The bartender at the Sugar Shack made us amazingly delicious watermelon, pineapple, and raspberry mojito's. Personally, I liked watermelon the best... maybe because that was my choice, or maybe because of the freshly sliced watermelon floating in my drink. I eyed the Sangria from afar and cannot wait to try it next time. The atmosphere was relaxed, and the decor was beachy, yet eclectic. Outside the Sugar Shack was a cute patio bar and a few tables. As soon as we stepped outside, my love for patio drinking was renewed!! Our new summer goal is to drink on as many patios as humanly possibly!

PS. Tip for meeting guys: Roll down your window and yell at cute motorcyclists. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment