Thursday, April 23, 2009

Getting Naked for Breakfast

So I still haven't seen Disneynature's Earth yet, but I definitely will by the end of this weekend - that's a promise. Last night I went out for a "light" dinner and drinks at Trattoria Toscana with a few friends to discuss a little project I am helping on and it got a little too late to catch a movie. (I say "light" because it turned into more a feast complete with wine, fresh mozzerella, polenta, and tiramisu. More on that later.)



This morning I was looking for something actually light to have for breakfast and came across Naked Juice's new Bare Breeze, made of 100% natural juice with no preservatives or added sugars. I used to be really anti-juice because it's so sugary and I'm pretty much and all water all the time girl, but lately I've been getting into it. I actually tried to the BluePrint Cleanse for three days (big mistake, I don't think I'm meant not to chew) and have contemplated buying a juicer. As long as it's fresh and natural, as opposed to drinks like Sunny Delight, the benefits of juice are pretty substantial. Not to mention, it gives your stomach a little bit of a break from working on all the other crap in there.

I tried out the Peach Mangosteen Bliss and it was definitely more peachy than mangosteen-y and kind of reminded me of something I would get on a cruise ship with a little umbrella stuck inside - sans the rum, of course. I don't think I could make it a daily staple because the sugar count is so high and also because I found myself pretty thirsty after drinking it, but I did feel quite energized and ready to go. Try it out if you're looking to mix it up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment