Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Earth Week + Free Ice Cream. Thank you, April!


As Cake mentioned once before , we are big fans of the "Green" movement. Before being green was mainstream, my aunt worked for the Environmental Protection Agency and her love for all things natural rubbed off on me at an early age. I could usually be found saving frogs, cutting the plastic soda tops apart, and yelling at people for littering. Which is why every year I get really, really excited for April. Besides the fact that it is the month in which my birthday resides, it also includes Earth Day (April 22nd) and Arbor Day (April 24th). It's within this month that giving back to Mother Nature and showing appreciation for the Earth really enters the forefront. Yesterday kicked off "Earth Week" and their are tons of events going on around the nation. One in particular is Disney's latest, Disneynature Earth, which I whole-heartedly plan on attending tomorrow.

But besides all the Earth Day festivities, April is also good for a few other things.

Today marks Ben & Jerry's annual Free Cone Day. This year, B&J are celebrating 31 years of scooping. Ice cream not your thing? Grab a Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee for a measly 50 cents. Proceeds go back to Homes For Our Troops.

I love April!

0 comments:

Post a Comment