Monday, April 13, 2009

Review: Homemade S'meeps!

I was a really bad niece this year on Easter and totally played hooky instead of having dinner at my Aunt's house. It sounds awful, but I really didn't want to go, plus my sister is in the Bahamas and I like to avoid situations where I will be put on the hot seat and questioned about whether or not I am dating someone and why not. So I skipped it, with full permission from my parents. My dad even supplied the white lie to get me out of going. Not to mention, I sord of had more important things to do, like make S'Meeps and eat sushi from Kicky's. So I invited Cake over and we got to toasting.

A S'Meep, for those of you who don't know, is simply a S'More made with a Peep instead of a regular marshmellow. I actually hate Peeps. I'm still not really sure who actually eats them and likes them- but I really want to try this whole S'Meeps thing out.

The whole process is fairly simple. Set your toaster oven to 350. Take a graham cracker, split it in half, place a few pieces of chocolate on one of the halves, place that half on an aluminum tray topped with a Peep of your choice, and stick in the toaster oven for about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. The Peep will start expanding and start turning slightly brown, at which you know it is time to take them out. Then, place the remaining graham cracker on top.

At first, I was afraid to try the S'meep. Peeps are very, very sweet. Throw some chocolate into the mix and you have the recipe for a serious toothache. Suprisingly, it tasted really good. It wasn't at all as sugary as I predicted, and the S'meep had a nice toasty outside with a delectably mushy inside. Needless to say, Cake and I could only eat about one and a half before being over it and reaching for a glass of water. But all in all it was a success.



3 comments:

Cake said...

Kicky's needs some serious web design help.

I want coconut sticky rice!

Kiss said...

Yeah i need some coco sticky nut rice.
We should make some!

Anonymous said...

That s'meep looks surprisingly delicious.

Post a Comment